Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dreams

The past week Carter has been waking up at night (and once during nap time at school) screaming. Well, not actually fully waking up, but definitely screaming horribly. I knew he was having some sort of bad dream, so I told Monte we really need to watch what is on TV when he is awake. It's usually something like 'America's Got Talent', but there have been some pretty scary looking people on there =).

The first few times I got up with him, but then I just let him cry it out because I was afraid he might just be developing a habit of waking up to see me. We are on vacation right now. Carter's pack and play is our bedroom, so the cry it out method wouldn't really work last night when he woke up screaming. When he woke up last night, I picked him up and started trying to comfort him. Then he started talking in his sleep, so I finally figured out what his bad dreams have been about. "That's my ice cream! That's my ice cream!!" (Actually he pronounces 'my' as 'moy'.) Poor baby has been dreaming about someone taking his ice cream away from him.


**** Lexie also talks in her sleep. A few mornings ago when I went into wake her up, she told me, "It's okay! Go ahead and go to Zane's baseball game." She is always telling me crazy stories in her sleep.

2 comments:

Reba said...

How funny! I guess that is a true nightmare. I don't want anyone taking my ice cream either. Have a fun vacation!

The Ennis' said...

LOL. He was talking about ice cream when I was on the phone with you the other day! I love it too! I used to play music for Zane at night bc he would wake up like that (almost like a night terror). I think they go into too deep of sleep or something like that. I've heard that Target has a pretty great noise making machine!