Thursday, January 7, 2010

BEING 2 ROCKS!


I cannot believe Carter is 2 today! It seems like only yesterday that my sweet little boy came into this world.

I always took Lexie to have her pictures taken ON her birthday every year. I started that tradition with Carter last year also. Unfortunately the weather for today was predicted to be bad (it is), so I changed his appointment to yesterday. It bummed me out that we didn't get to have them made on his birthday, but at least they were made close to his birthday. (Who knows when we will actually be able to leave the house again!)
When we got to the photo studio, Carter was in a great mood. He was laughing and being funny. I thought, "Wow, this is going to be great!" Well he was looking out the window, and the store across the street is a place he loves to go to because they have a Thomas the Train table. I told him after his pictures we would go and play with Thomas. Well that did it! "Thomas. Thomas. Thomas," was all I heard for several minutes. I went to the car and got one of his Thomas toys, thinking that would be okay for now. Then all he wanted to do was play with his Thomas. The photographer did a good job of cropping the photos because Thomas was in most of them. Carter didn't smile much because he was too concerned with getting to play with Thomas. Most of the pictures turned out really cute, and I am pleased even though we didn't capture his "cheesy smile" in any of them.


In this pic and the one at the top, Carter looks very serious. In both of them I am holding Thomas, and I think he is concerned about getting him back.













** His well child checkup is tomorrow, weather permitting. I will post his stats and a little about what he's doing now after that appointment.

5 comments:

The Ennis' said...

He is SOOOO handsome!!! Those are great pics. He looks too old tho :(. We should take him and Lyddie somewhere cheap and get their pics together (since they're BFFs and all)! It's SO sweet how he was calling for in Sam's. Jared was cracking up! Love you guys. Happy Birthday Carter!!!!!!

Reba said...

Oh, my goodness...those pictures are precious! Happy birthday, Carter! At least you are good about having pictures made. I am not. :) Anyway, I love the pictures and hope he had a fun time playing with Thomas!

Suz said...

SO adorable!!!! He looks so big & handsome! Happy Birthday Carter!!!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Carter! He is getting so big. Love the pics :)

Danielle said...

These pictures are precious!!! I love the one of him playing with Thomas. It's a good memory of what he wanted during the photo shoot.