Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Day

We had an amazing time yesterday playing in the snow. We knew we were supposed to get snow, but we were surprised when we woke up and saw how much had accumulated. This was Carter's first time to play in the snow, and he LOVED it!
The back half of our neighborhood is very hilly, so it is perfect for sledding! Our driveway has a small slope to it, so it was great for Carter. Lexie enjoyed rolling down our front yard as fast as she could. This is something she LOVED doing when she was little.


Ready for the snow! (If his coat was red, he would be the kid in A Christmas Story.)


We didn't buy a sled before the stores around here sold out. We are trying to find some online, so hopefully we will have one if it snows again. We made our own sled out of a cookie sheet. It worked great!!





Lexie knee boarding











Lexie snowboarding



He was so happy walking around in the snow. (He had on several layers of clothes.)



Monte snowboarding



My snow babies!





Please ignore the trashcans in front of the house. We keep them on the side, but I moved them to the front just to make Christmas clean up easier.








Later we got brave and moved to the street. It made for good sledding because the snow was packed pretty good on the street,and the tire ruts made a perfect track for the "sled".


The hill in the background was a very popular sledding place. We will go down there when we get our real sled.








Lexie helping be snowboard; I think I'll stick with skis.
(My legs really are not that big. I am wearing my ski pants.)


Carter "helping" me get snow for ice cream. He would scoop it out as I scooped it in.




Mmm... that's good hot chocolate!



I'm not tired. What would give you that idea?

2 comments:

Reba said...

I love your snow pics! Joshua hasn't really played in the snow. We got home too late yesterday and I am too cold today. I suppose I should take him out for a bit. Anyway, Carter does remind me of the kid in The Christmas Story. You have cute snowpeople. :)

The Ennis' said...

HOW FUN!!!! I wish that I hadn't been sick :(. Maybe on the next snow I'll brave it.