Sunday, July 24, 2011

Empire State of Mind

I found this post that hadn't been posted yet. I had taken pictures off one of my cameras, but not the other. I started this post, and was going to add to it when I took the pictures off of the other camera. Who knows when that will ever happen, so here is part of out trip to NYC...

The dance studio we got to know so well. We went the first night just to find it, so we would know where we were going the next day. I enjoyed watching Lexie dance every day.

On the way back from finding the studio, we saw this crowd of excited people. They were outside of the theater for How to Succeed in Business (starring Daniel Radcliffe). I know seeing a crowd outside of a Broadway show is not odd, but this was during a time the show was not going on. Then we heard people start screaming, "Harry!" We realized Daniel Radcliffe (AKA- Harry Potter) had just walked out of the theater. The last Harry Potter movie had opened the night before, so we didn't think he would actually be there.


There's Harry Potter in the blue baseball hat. (I'm sure he loved having people call him Harry instead of his real name.) He is a very short man by the way.


One of Carter's favorite places was the "The Little M Store." In actuality, it is a huge M&M store, but Carter has always called M&M's "little M's" for some reason. He chose to go to this place a few times.

This is a picture of a jumbotron in Times Square. In between ads, it will show the people hanging out in Times Square. If you look in the center, you will see a kid in a gray stroller and a lady in brown taking a picture of the screen... That's Carter and me. We used about 30 seconds of our 15 minutes of fame :)


Times Square-- I thought this is what all of NYC would be like. I was wrong. It was a lot less crowded and A LOT dirtier than I had expected. But don't get me wrong, I love NY. I wouldn't want to live there, but I am already ready to go back. (Although I would prefer to go at a time other than the end of July when I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and HUGE.-- It was kind of hot.)

Lexie kept saying she wanted to see The Addams Family: A New Musical. To be honest, Monte and I didn't think it would be very good,so we kept ignoring the request. But, we knew we wanted to do more than one musical on Broadway, so we finally looked into it. Monte watched a preview for it on the hotel's Broadway channel and decided it actually looked funny. They went and said it was hilarious. (FYI: Brooke Shields played the role of Morticia.)






This piece of art is in front of the United Nations. It is a puzzle of the world. According to our tour guide, the artist has the missing piece. He will complete the world when there is world peace. Monte took this picture when he toured the UN. What I thought was interesting about this picture is if you look directly to the right of the world, you can see the 9/11 memorial being constructed. World Peace... interesting concept.



Monte and Lexie went to see Wicked. I love this musical! Lexie and I listen to it so much in the car that Carter can actually sing most of the songs. Since we couldn't take Carter to see it, Monte took Lexie to see it because Lexie and I had already seen it in Dallas. (Although I know it is much better on Broadway.)

No comments: