Monday, July 28, 2008

Leaving Cali

Well we did it. We moved from Cali. It was hard to leave, but I am glad that I am back with my family and friends in Arkansas. I was going to make an online scrapbook of all of our favorite places and what we will miss about Cali, but I decided against it. (Too boring for you all!) I am making one for us to keep at home, so if you ever want to see a picture of where I spent all of my time (Target and Babies R Us) just stop by and I will show you the album.

Here are a few pics of some things.


This is The Crab House. It is a great restaurant on the wharf. We ate here right before we got engaged, so it is a very special place to us. We also love to look at the decorated crab shells hanging on the wall.


We always enjoyed going to Pier 39. Behind us are the famous sea lions. There are a ton of them there.

Lexie's last day of school outfit. I think the move was the hardest on her, but she will do better when school starts and she makes new friends. I do feel sorry for her. I know it must be tough at that age leaving your friends.


This is Ana (the nanny), her son Rey, Carter, and Isabela. I really miss her. She was so good with Carter.

We do miss the fun things to do in the Bay Area, but what we miss most are the friends we made. We had friends that became family to us. I loved the people I worked with. To all of our Cali peeps: Thank you for taking us in and being our extended family. We miss you.


1 comment:

Suz said...

Bittersweet! I bet that is a hard move on Lexie! I'm sure she will do just fine adjusting once school starts! I will keep her in my prayers! I bet you are going to miss your Nanny!

We should grab lunch sometime now that you're up here!