Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost a year

I can't believe Carter is almost a year old. I have forgotten to put his last couple of cupcake pictures on here with his monthly update. He is doing so much, and it seems he learns something new every day. He has just started dancing. This is hilarious. Apparently he is a 50's fan because he likes to do The Twist!


He weighed 18 pounds 10 ounces this morning at the doctor. (He had his first ear infection two weeks ago, and we had to go in for a recheck. By the way, Carter is the best medicine taker ever!! He would get very excited when he would see his antibiotic bottle.)



Another thing he started doing a month ago is snapping. (He does the motion, but can't actually make the sound yet.) It is so cute. Although I am not really sure I like my 10/11 month old snapping his fingers at me when he wants something, and yes that is when he snaps.

He takes a step alone occasionally, but he runs all over the place if he is holding on to something.


Diaper changes have become a nightmare. He absolutely hates them and throws a very loud tantrum every time. I have come to dread diaper changes. My whole body tenses up when it is time to do it. (But honestly that is really the only time he is less than pleasant, so I guess I should be happy he is a happy baby. -knock on wood)

Carter LOVES books. His favorites are the touch-and-feel books and the lift-a-flap books. Right now his favorite his a Santa's Workshop book. If he gets fussy, all you have to do is show him the book and he stop crying and crawls over to the book. (If only it worked during diaper changes.)



Carter's absolute most favorite thing to do is eat. He is an eating champ. (He had TWO big blueberry muffins for breakfast.)The funny thing is he hums when he eats. The louder he hums, the more he's enjoying the food. Based on this, I have determined that his favorite meal is baked ziti. My sister gave me the recipe, and Carter is so grateful. He practically yells when he eats it.
(Matt if you are reading this, stop right now and skip to the pictures!!) I was dreading weaning Carter from breastfeeding, but he is basically weaning himself. He would much rather have food than milk. The only time he wants me, is right after he wakes up in the morning and after nap.



"Hmmm. What do I want to eat?"
Actually this is his play cabinet. He loves to pull everything out of here and play with it. It really helps me get things done in the kitchen because he just sits there and pushes around boxes of coffee and plastic cups. I just throw it back in when I'm done in the kitchen.


11 cupcakes


Yum!


He has 6 teeth, but there are a few more coming in.


"I love you, daddy."
Carter is very affectionate. He loves to give and receive hugs and kisses.


Carter- Man's Best Friend
We have two cats, but somehow Carter has learned how to act like a puppy. I don't have a picture of it, but he likes to take his socks off and carry them around in his mouth.
He also...

begs for food every time he sees someone eating.


enjoys torturing cats.


And my personal favorite...

He chews on furniture.
This is one of the marks on his crib (that is supposed to last for all of our children). I have put a gummi strip on the crib now. Since the rail is very wide (and we don't have Babies R Us here), I had to order a special rail. Unfortunately he did quite a bit of damage while we were waiting on it to arrive. (If you have a wide crib rail, I would suggest ordering one to have on hand just in case.) He also liked to chew on his dresser knobs. That was a funny sight. I would be putting his toys away, and I'd look over and he's gnawing down on his dresser. I really felt sorry for him because I know his gums must have really hurt.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Those are such cute pics! I love the one with him begging his sis for a cookie! I have a feeling my child will enjoy eating too.. Especially how much Dustin and I both like to eat! :)

And that ziti sounds good, you may need to post the recipe!

Mandy said...

I can't believe it has been a year almost! I can still remember when you got put on bed rest and then coming to his little meet & greet! Time flies!! He is such a little cutie though! They just grow up too fast!!

The Ennis' said...

Those pictures are TOO cute!!! He has such a sweet personality. I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys are back here!!!