Saturday, October 20, 2007

Halloween Party

Lexie had a Halloween party last night. It was her first coed party. She had a blast! Well in true Lexie party tradition, it sprinkled most of the night. The kids didn't mind the wetness. They stayed outside most of the time. It started getting cold at the end, so the party moved inside. Lexie and her friend, Kelly, have been planning this for over a month. The guest list started out with 25 people, and by the end it had grown to 50 kids. Luckily, only about 40 could make it!! I am so glad I teach 2nd grade. After spending 3 hours with 6th graders, I was exhausted! Monte and I dressed up as doctors, we even had a real epipen as part of our costume. (It actually belonged to one of the guests. There are a ton of severe peanut allergies out here.) One parent asked me if I was pregnant or if that was part of my costume. I thought that was funny.


Lexie is a Greek goddess this year. (I am glad she went for the generic goddess and didn't ask to be Venus or Aphrodite.)


The early stages of the party. The kids were still too shy to dance. When Soulja Boy came on, everybody got over their shyness. I think we could have played only that song all night and the kids would have been happy.


Boys will eat anything!! At this point the food had been sprinkled on for about an hour. YUMMY!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Lexie is working that costume! Wow it feels like just yesterday I went to my first coed party but golly that was 13 years ago now...wow. I swear, I never looked that young!

Be careful and don't tell my brother if she has a boyfriend because he will tease her mercilessly...it's tradition in our family. :)