Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Concert

Lexie had her Winter Chorus Concert last week. I was amazed at how good they were. I have always thought Lexie was a good singer. Lately when she has been practicing her chorus songs in the car, I have noticed she is getting even better. I guess her voice is maturing.

My parents and little brother came in to have Christmas with us, see Lexie's concert, and fly her back to Arkansas. We had a really good time with them. They had the worst flight home. (I am not sure they will ever come back after the flight home!! Just kidding.) They were supposed to fly from from San Jose at 1:oo pm, go to LA for a short layover, and land in Northwest Arkansas around 9:00 pm. The flight from San Jose to LA was fine, but when they got to LA there was a mechanical problem with the plane. So, they ended up flying out of San Jose at 1:00 pm on Wednesday (as planned), going to LA, then Las Vegas, then Dallas, and then finally arriving in Northwest Arkansas at 3:00 pm on Thursday.

My little brother will be bringing Lexie back to us next week. They have a lot of fun together, so I am sure it will be a fun trip. I just hope the people sitting around them don't kick them off the plane. They constantly tease each other (in a fun way).

I can't wait to get Lexie back. This is the first time I have never been with her on Christmas. We let her open a few presents before she left, but we will celebrate Christmas when she gets back. Monte is doing a nice job of putting up with my pregnancy emotions AND missing Lex emotions. I am trying to get more scrap booking done. I have a lot of supplies now thanks to mom, Doris, and Christy. (I actually look like a pro now, but looks can be deceiving.) I am trying to do a scrapbook for Lexie, too.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Lexie is on the front row, second from the left.


Matt (my little brother) and Lexie


My parents, Lexie, and me


Monte, Lexie, and me

I know... Lexie is gorgeous!! I think I may lock her up until she is 30.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Lexie IS gorgeous! Monte will have to be extra-gruff when boys come to pick her up from dates in what, 15 years?

We've been thinking of you and wishing we could see you more often. We'll be in California in February but all the way in San Diego--not close! Darn. But I think in March we'll be in the same city!

Unknown said...

Like Christy said, Lexie is gorgeous! You have some exciting years ahead of you. And with Baby coming you have some busy years ahead.

Wish we could see you but we won't be in San Diego in February nor will we be in your area in March. Oh well! We'll see you when you return to NWA.

Tell Monte to put us on the list to be called when Baby comes--we don't expect to be high on that list but we do want to be called. He should have our number and cell numbers--if he doesn't email and we'll send them.

Love,

Doris