Monday, August 18, 2008

The First Day of Junior High

Today is Lexie's first day of junior high!! (I feel really old.) I hope she has a good day and makes good friends.



Getting ready




Modeling her first day outfit. I am so proud of her; she didn't get mad at me for wanting to take pictures. We are off to a good start!




I took this with my phone as she walked in. (She didn't know about it.) I was not about to make her stand there while I took a bunch of pictures. I remember the first day of kindergarten. Lexie had an entourage of people. We all had cameras and a video camera. My dad even took a picture of the lunch lady. I took pictures of her sitting at her desk through the window in the door. My gosh I was embarrassing!!

Speaking of kindergarten... This is what she looked like the summer before kindergarten. My how she's changed!

4 comments:

Suz said...

How sweet! She looks adorable for her first day! Her top is so cute! :)

Thanks so much for your comment! It's very encouraging! Maybe we can plan a day maybe next week to grab lunch! Are you all settled in now?

Unknown said...

Wow! What a lovely young lady Lexie is! She looks gorgeous and her outfit is so complementary. Hope her first day of school went smoothly and that she likes her classes.

Thanks for all the updates--I really keeping up with your family.

Come visit anytime.

Love,

Doris

The Ennis' said...

OK, you're going to make me cry with that kindergarten picture!! I'm so proud of you Lex! You are a beautiful and sweet young lady. Hope you have a great year!

Reba said...

I cannot get over how grown up she looks! And I remember when she was barely in elementary school...so now I am feeling old too. Glad school went well. I have many memories of junior high...I mostly remember crying a lot. :)
Reba