Sunday, August 17, 2008

Having Worlds of Fun (and Oceans of it, too)

Because of the move and the short amount of time we had Lexie, we had to take a short vacation this year. We went up to Kansas City and went to Worlds and Oceans of Fun, and we also got to see some of our family. It was really fun, but way too short.

"Okay dad, here's what we are going to do."
Carter kept "helping" Monte look at the Worlds of Fun guide.
Lexie doing what she does best...texting. "OMG MMISL"--- Oh my gosh. My mom is so lame!!!!!



"Do you think I look cool?"

The weather was really nice when we were there. (Which means it's too cold for me to go on a water ride.) Monte and Lexie enjoyed the log ride.


For some reason the boat ride has always been one of my favorite rides. Lexie was nice enough to ride it with me. I embarrassed her to death on this thing. I laughed uncontrollably when we were at the top. She would slap me and tell me to stop every time. But she was laughing too, so I think deep down she actually liked it.



Monte and Lexie love to play the fair type games. We like to call it "winning worthless crap."

Monte won a bear for Carter.
Lexie won him a monkey. We also got a sea turtle, a picture of Vanessa Hudgens (with clothes on), another monkey, and something else that I can't remember.
"Mom, quit taking pictures and let's go swimming!"
Carter LOVED the water!! He was at a perfect stage for this. He could sit up by himself, so he could splash and have fun. But, he's not crawling yet, so I didn't have to try to keep up with him or worry about him scratching his knees in the kiddie pool.
Lexie loved taking Carter down the kiddie slides. She is great with him. She was taking him on everything, and he adored her for it.

Carter also enjoyed splashing in the big pool with Monte. He splashed and laughed all day long. He got a ton of water in his face, and he didn't mind at all.

"Hey dad, that lifeguard is kinda cute. Do you think she's too old for me?"


They had an amazing obstacle course. Lexie made it all the way across. (It was difficult. I tried it, but you won't see those pictures on the blog.) I think Lexie is ready for Survivor or The Amazing Race.

This is June. Isn't she adorable! She is one of the family members we got to see.

4 comments:

amyj said...

OMG MMISL! You are such a good mom for thinking that's funny. Having a good sense of humor about your kids is something that I'm learning is very important. :) Hey, I have 3 free passes to Gymboree in Rogers whenever you and Ang are ready.

Suz said...

How fun! I love the pic of you and Carter at the bottom! Very cute!

Reba said...

Looks like a fun time. We love to run over to Kansas City. They have a great Children's Museum and we enjoy Rainforest Cafe. Hope you all are settling in okay!

Christine said...

It was so great to see you! I can't remember if I posted your pix on our blog...but if I haven't, I'll do it when I post pix of the other Moores (who arrive today). When will we get to see you again? I think we might be able to pop down for a visit whenever it would be convenient for you.

Are you working? (I mean outside the home...obviously you don't lay around all day!)