Tuesday, June 16, 2009

EVENTFUL DAY

Our day started at 4:45 this morning when we had to get up to take Carter to the hospital to get tubes put in his ears. Carter did great! He got a little impatient waiting around to be taken back to the OR, but that is understandable especially since he had no idea why he was up so early and couldn't eat. He was fortunate enough to have a cute nurse carry him back to the OR, so he didn't cry one bit when she took him from us. When they came in to update us on what he was doing (before the procedure), they said he was being very cute, talking, and looking around. A few minutes later the doctor came in and told us the procedure went well. Everyone told us it was quick, but we didn't expect it to be that quick. When they brought him back to us, he was not happy! They said he wasn't in pain, but he was disoriented because of the anesthesia. About 20 minutes later we got him calmed down. He kept pointing to the door of the hospital room, so we finally took him out to the hall. That is what made him stop crying. He was fine as long as we didn't try to walk back in the room with him. He fell asleep on the way home and slept about 4 hours. When he woke up, he was back to normal and very happy.

Sitting on daddy's lap while mommy took care of the paperwork.

Waiting to be called back to his hospital room.


Looking out the window, and pointing at the cars that are going by. He saw my mom pull in to the parking lot, and was talking to her. Once she got out of sight, he started crying. When she made it into the hospital room, he immediately wanted her to hold him and stopped crying.



He was not a fan of the bracelet they put on his ankle. He kept ripping the sticker off of it. Finally they put one on his monkey, so he could take the sticker of that instead.



He looked so cute in his little gown.






Carter was happy to see Granny.



Waiting patiently on the nurse. This didn't last long.




After his nap, he was back to normal and terrorizing Tinkerbell.



This afternoon, Lexie left for Drill Team Camp 4 hours away. This really was too much for me to handle in one day. Lexie has been to church camp before, but her aunt was one of the counselors so I wasn't nervous. I know she is having fun, and it is a great bonding experience for the girls. Plus they get to go to an amusement park and do another fun surprise activity. I know Lexie is LOVING it already. I get to go down on Friday and watch them perform. I am so excited.

"Yay, the bus made it!" The driver had seat trouble, so it was late. The girls were expecting a charter bus, so they were a little disappointed to see a school bus pull up.

Lexie and her tryout partner.

Trying to figure out where they are going to put all of the suitcases. Each girl was only allowed to bring one suitcase, but that still was a lot of luggage!


Group photo
This is the 8th and 9th grade dance teams and cheerleaders.



There goes the bus. Taking away my baby girl!




After the traumatic events of the day, Carter and I decided we needed some ice cream so we went to Dairy Queen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness- Carter is TOO cute. He was a very good looking patient. I'm glad it went well.

The Ennis' said...

I love the hospital gown! I'm glad that he got the tubes and it's over with! The Tink pics are my favorite :)!!! I'll bet Lex is having a ball. Love you guys.

Reba said...

What a traumatic day for you! I am glad Carter recovered so quickly. However, I remember all too well how hard it is to watch the nurses take your baby away. I am glad Lexie is having such a good time at camp and doing so well!

Christine said...

He's so gorgeous!! I am glad everything went well.