Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dance Competitions

Lexie's dance team competed in two competitions in October. They were really fun, and I wish there were going to be more. The girls did a great job. I am very impressed with how talented all of the teams were. I can definitely say that the drill teams have changed since I was on it. We were all about short skirts and shaking our booty, but these girls are serious about technique and perfection (and they have to wear leggings under their short skirts at school =).)
Lexie is the queen of facial expressions! It is hard to see it in most of these pictures, but she had a different one for almost every count. Their coach said,"It's not right unless you feel like you look stupid." Lexie has been practicing her facial expressions since birth :)
COMPETITION 1-- Lexie's school competed in the Jazz and Pom categories.

"Ladies, your music is on."- ha ha not really-- Who knew it was so hard to work a sound system?!
Let's try again.
Lexie is 5th from the left






Waiting on the Awards Ceremony to start. (I think there were 10-11 teams at this competition.)

They won 2nd in Pom...


and best technique in Jazz.




COMPETITION 2-- Lexie's team competed in Hip Hop (her favorite), Jazz, and Pom.
My camera battery died as soon as the girls stepped on the floor, so I had to steal these off Facebook. Some didn't transfer very well.
Lexie is first in line.


3rd from the right




3rd from the right--Oh yeah, my girl has attitude!





2nd from the left




"Why smile when you can show EXPRESSION?!?!"



Waiting on the Awards (7-8 teams competed in this competition.)


They won 2nd Place and Best Technique for Jazz, 3rd for Pom, and 2nd for Hip Hop.
WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!
Lexie and Maty enjoying some sugar after the competition.

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

YAY Lex!!!! I loved getting to see the video. You girls are awesome!! I'm so proud of you.

Danielle said...

Woohooo! I love her facial expressions. How fun!

Reba said...

Way to go, Lexie (and the others!). I bet that was a fun competition to watch!