Friday, July 2, 2010

Cocoa Beach Day 4

The morning of Day 4, I went out on the balcony and there was a beach volleyball tournament going on. It was so fun! Each team had matching bikinis. There were around 8 games going on at one time. Our beach was covered with volley ball players for a couple of hours. (But it was early, so I don't think they took the beach away from any tourists.)




I love this picture because you can see all of the surfers out in the water. They get up early to surf! I guess they try to beat the tourists :) I was amazed watching them.


SURFING DAY
Lexie and Monte took surfing lessons when we went to Hawaii a few years ago. Lexie LOVED it!! She was so excited to get to do it again. Since it had been a few years since she surfed and Ciara had never surfed, I signed them up for surf lessons at Ron Jon's Surf School. Larry was their surf instructor, and he was the stereotypical surfer dude. (He said he was 9 months old the first time he was on a board, so I am assuming his parents were surfers also.) You could tell he loved his job, and the girls had a blast. If you ever go to Cocoa Beach and want to take a surf lesson, definitely go to Ron Jon's and ask for Larry!

Surfing for Lexie was like riding a bike; she was able to get up on the board very quickly. Ciara did great, too. Like I said, she had never surfed and she got up pretty quickly also. They had a blast, but they were ready for a nap when they finished. I have yet to surf, but I have been informed that is will wear you out! (And,I do plan on surfing the next time I am at the beach.)

Lexie carrying her board out. That's Larry to her right.






This looked so fun to me! When they were paddling out, they could hit a wave just right and it would bounce them up in the air. One time Lexie's board was almost completely vertical and the bottom of the board was a foot off the water. It was awesome!



Carter really wanted to surf. He kept pointing at the surf boards on the beach and telling me he wanted the yellow one. They told me that next year he would be old enough to surf because they will take them out when they are 3. I am sure Carter thinks he will be ready next summer, but I don't think I think he'll be ready next summer.




Ciara makes it up.




Lexie's getting ready...


She's up...


She rides it all the way in!



Having fun on the beach.







I have a ton of pictures of his hands and feet. I don't know what my obsession is with that.




Tired surfer girls.




Ciara, Larry, and Lexie

No comments: