Sunday, July 4, 2010

Kennedy Space Center and Downtown Disney

Our flight from Orlando was EARLY, so we decided to stay close to the airport the night before. Before we left Cocoa Beach we stopped by the Kennedy Space Center. Guess who liked the Space Center the most... Carter!! I couldn't believe how much he enjoyed it.





They had buses to take people to the different areas of the Space Center. The place was HUGE!One of Carter's favorite things to do was ride the "school bus." (He's watching the TV on the bus. It was showing all kinds of facts about the space program. It was very interesting.)




This is Launch Pad A.


Carter getting a better look at the launch pad.



A replica of the control room.



In one of the buildings they advertise that they have a moon rock that you can touch. There are HUGE signs everywhere pointing you toward this rock. We were prepared to see a pretty good sized rock...



Lexie touching the massive rock. ha!




Carter feeling the moon.






This building is where they build the shuttle. It's hard to tell in this picture, but this building is massive! When we got home, Apollo (I think) was on HBO. It was very interesting to watch the movie and see all of the things we saw at the space center. I highly recommend going here at least once. (Lex doesn't highly recommend it, but I do-ha!)


Carter had a blast playing with these ducks in spaceships. He can be a bit OCD at times; he kept lining them up and counting them.


Lexie in the car on the way to Orlando.
All she needs is her iPod and cell phone for texting and she is a happy girl :-)



We decided to have dinner at T-Rex at Downtown Disney. While we were waiting for our table Carter saw Woody at the Lego store.


I love this picture!! Carter was playing on a small playground outside of T-Rex, and he sat on this little bench. These two little girls came and sat next to him. Look closely at their faces. It looks like girl drama starts a very young age. AND, it looks like boys get tired of it at a very young age , too. (I just noticed Monte peeking in through the circle window.)









After dinner we went to Ghiradelli for sundaes. Yum!! Then we went to our hotel and caught a very early flight home. (Allegient was much better on the way back.)
I would say it was nice to be home, but I would be lying. I LOVE vacations, especially when the beach is involved. I love getting to spend so much time just playing and hanging out with Monte, Lexie, and Carter. We don't have to worry about cleaning the house, homework, work, etc.; It's just fun time all the time. I could stay on vacation permanently as long as my family would come visit me occasionally.

1 comment:

The Ennis' said...

Somehow I TOTALLY missed this post!! Awesome pictures. My absolute favorite is the one with Carter and the two little girls (and Monte)!! PRICELESS! Love you guys.