Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break Day 3: Skiing

We woke up yesterday to Ofelia making breakfast. It was a nice treat!

Carter has been talking about skiing for several weeks. He was so excited when he woke up because he was finally getting to go skiing.

My two babies waiting on skis.


We were a little nervous about if he really would ski or not. The lady at the counter told us that the hardest part for little kids is wearing the boots. She said normally if they will wear the boots, then they will do okay skiing. Well, we were so fortunate because Carter LOVED his boots. They were neon green and purple like Buzz Lightyear, and he was Buzz Lightyear when he woke up today :)



So excited!!




Getting his skis on.




Carter and his instructor waiting for the T-bar ski lift thing.




Carter checking out his awesome skis.


My future X-gamer.


I think the lift was his favorite part. He laughed all the way up the hill.


His second time down the hill. He LOVED it!!!
At first, the instructor kind of held him up as they went down the hill. After a few times, they stayed toward the bottom of the hill, and he had Carter ski to him.



"Hi Mom!"



"I'm Buzz Lightyear." That's what we could hear him tell the instructor when he accidentally called him "Carter."



My pretty girl watching the lesson. Since I can't ski this year, I didn't get to take any pics of her on the slopes :(




The beautiful view where we were skiing.




The instructor said Carter did great, but he just wanted to go fast. I think
he eventually gave up on teaching Carter to slow down and just taught him how to fall properly.



Monte and Lexie decided to go up the bunny slope and cut across to the lodge. They said it was easier; I think it was just an excuse to ski a little bit more.





My happy little skier.


**** I haven't mentioned much about his soccer games on here because, well frankly, it's a little embarrassing. Carter does great during the practice part, but when the game starts he cries and the coach has to carry him around the court.


After looking back at how much Carter liked boogie boarding at the beach and the waves hitting him in the face, and then seeing how much he enjoyed tubing and skiing this week: I have decided he is more of an X-games kind of kid and less of a traditional sports kind of kid. So instead of a little David Beckham, I have a little Louie Vito. (Because I can also see Carter on Dancing With the Stars.)-- Hey, whatever makes him happy.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Looks like another fun day. I am so impressed with him on those skis. Joshua won't even look at snow. :) I wondered if you got to ski at all...keep taking fun pictures.

The Ennis' said...

I'm SOO impressed! Looks like he did better on the bunny slopes than we did ;). I'll never forget getting off of the regular ski lift for the first time and you and I tumbling down the little hill. The begining of a long day :)! SO fun (even if I did cry every time I got of the ski lift). Hey, I'm scared of heights! Love you!!