Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Days 1 and 2

Warning: the next few posts will contain A LOT of photos. (I'm not a writer, so the pics will be more exciting than my words anyway.)


Monte's aunt and uncle have a gorgeous 2nd house in Vail, and they were very kind and let us use it during Spring Break. My brother and his family also joined us, so this is going to be a great week!



My iPhone addicts relaxing on the couch at the airport.


Funny story: I have very imaginative children. Carter is in a stage now where he is a different character every day when he wakes up, and that is what we have to call him. He will correct us if we call him "Carter". Well, when he handed his ticket to the TSA agent at the airport, the guy said, "Are you Carter Moore?"

Carter replied, "No. I'm Jimmy Neutron!"


Two thumbs up from Lexie. Carter did great on the flight. (I tried to get a pic with him looking at me, but he was obsessed with looking out the window.) Don't worry, he did actually sit with his seat belt on during the flight. He was actually quite adamant that he HAD to have his seat belt on.


Our beautiful morning view. (This picture doesn't do it justice.)



Uncle Dan and Carter playing with cars.



Katherine, Kalin, Wyatt, Lexie, and Carter at Beaver Creek.



Yay!! Carter is tall enough to go tubing.




This statue reminded Lexie of Canada. She has an obsession with "Canadia"(as she calls it). Don't worry, she does know it is pronounced "Canada". She just thinks "Canadia" sounds better. :)



Lexie and Carter had a great snowball fight.




Lexie and I on the gondola.




Carter and Monte getting ready to go tubing. This is when we found out that Carter had to go down the tubing hill by himself. We thought he would ride with Monte down the hill, but we were wrong. We were not sure how Carter would feel about tubing alone.



Lexie waiting patiently to tube.




The guy working there would spin you so you would be spinning about half way down the hill. It looked like a lot of fun. The kids said it was great!




Carter in his tube. I was hoping he wouldn't be scared and cry the whole way down. (We told the guy not to spin him.)



Well, Carter laughed and squealed the whole way down the hill. He loved it!!




Uncle Dan videoed his tubing his experience. I can't wait to watch those videos- I'm sure the commentary is hilarious!!




Katherine getting ready to go down.




Monte is ready.



The guy spun Kalin so fast her hat flew off.








"Spin me please!"- We did allow a little spin. He's Mr. Adventure. Actually, he was Buzz Lightyear this day because he yelled, "to infinity and beyond" as he went down the hill.

























It was a good day. Carter fell asleep as soon as we got on the bus to our car.



Lexie had fun, too.
Tomorrow: skiing!!

3 comments:

Reba said...

It looks like you are having a wonderful time! That view is amazing. Had to smile on the character thing. We hear "To infinity and beyond" a LOT. :)

Suz said...

Oh how fun! And seriously Carter cracks me up, I love his little imagination! So precious!! Makes me want a little boy now! :)

The Ennis' said...

AWESOME!!!! Looks like so much fun!! I LOVE that Carter is a different character every day. He cracks me up!!! Love you guys!!