Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Day 4 (morning)- "Relaxing" Day

Tuesday was our day to "relax". We didn't really plan anything so we could just hang out and relax. The morning started off relaxing, we just ate breakfast, drank coffee, and pretty much did nothing. Then we decided to go out and play in the snow. That was fun, but definitely NOT relaxing. Trudging around in the deep snow gave us all a workout.













The view from the dining room table. I love the huge windows in this house. The views are perfect and relaxing.

As soon as Carter woke up he went and sat in the window and said, "Mommy, take a picture of me and the snow!"
How could I resist?!
**Carter was Cubby from Jake and the Neverland Pirates when he woke up today. (I was Izzy, Monte was Jake, Dan was Captain Hook, and Wyatt was Mr. Smee. Wyatt was thrilled to be the fat old man-ha!)


Dan and his kids peacefully putting together a puzzle. Ha!- If you know Dan, you know he is majorly OCD. He had a method, and if you didn't follow his method... well, it was hilarious to watch!





Next to the drive way, we had a huge mound of snow that went to a drop off down to the front yard. It was awesome and made a great hiding spot during snowball fights. (As long as you were on top of the mound.)








Carter has turned into a pro at making and throwing snowballs.



Cubby :), Kalin, and Katherine at the top throwing snowballs at Wyatt.



Poor Wyatt, he was getting pounded with snowballs.



I was his favorite target today.








Where did Wyatt's lower half go?!
The snow was so deep! You would be walking along just fine managing to stay on top, and then without warning you would lose half your body.


Dan and Wyatt wrestling in the snow.



Lexie decided to make a track to sled down. She's crawling along trying desperately not to sink.



Oops! Daddy lost his legs. Luckily Cubby was light enough, he didn't sink very much.



Lexie made a track!



I love the house in the background here.


Whoops! Carter lost his arm; he didn't like that too much.




Kalin making a snow angel.


Wyatt made a track through the trees. The hill was pretty steep; they flew down!



Peek-a-boo! Lexie is at the top of the mound I was telling you about, and I am at the bottom.



Lexie heading down the super fast track.

One of the things I love most about being a parent is that my kids make me be a kid again. I am not a cold weather person. And, if I was home alone, I would spend my snow days curled up in bed with coffee. But, my kids wanted to play outside in the snow, so I played outside in the snow. I had so much fun!! It was fun watching them have fun and laugh, but it was also fun playing in the snow. I am so thankful that I am lucky enough to be a mom, and I have to be a kid sometimes.

No comments: