Tuesday, September 9, 2008

8 Months Old

Carter turned 8 months old on Sunday. This year is going by way too fast!! I know he can't stay little forever, but I just wish time would slow down. I learned with Lexie that time goes by faster than the speed of light, so I am making sure I take time to enjoy every little thing now. Even in the middle of the night (yes, he still wakes up), I rub his hands when I feed him because I want to memorize how little and soft they are. Sometimes I look at Lexie and Carter and think, "Wow! What did I do to make God reward me like this?" For me, being a mom (and a wife to an awesome man) is the greatest thing. Even on the tough days , I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Whew, I got sidetracked. Here are the pictures of Carter's 8 month cupcake tradition. I started thinking that all these cupcakes might ruin the nostalgia of the smash cake on his first birthday, so I decided I will really have to let him go all out on his birthday. I will let him make a huge mess (and eat as much cake as he wants)!

"Wow! These fit nicely in my hands."

"Hmm, so far mom hasn't noticed I am eating it."
"HAAA!! I got some cake and I LIKE IT!!"

"Why did she have to take it away?"



Random photo:
I took this picture at breakfast this morning. I think he looks so big drinking from his cup. (He loves the straw sippy cups.)


3 comments:

Suz said...

That first part had my eyes watering! It will be so exciting to be a mom! You do seem very blessed with a beautiful family! That's the sweetest that you rub his sweet little hands to memorize them... ohhh, melt your heart!

Happy 8 month birthday!!!!

Mandy said...

I can't believe that he is 8 months already! Time does fly by!! He is too cute, I love those cupcake pictures!!

the Pulleys said...

Gosh...8 mos. already! You'll have to post what percentile he's in now, what sizes he's in now, & other fun updated info.! : )