Monday, September 8, 2008

The differences in men and women, Carter's first word, and Branson

Men and Women Really Are Different!
Monte and I were sitting around Thursday after the junior high football game. Here is how the conversation went:
Me: "The team looked really good!"
Monte: Silent- Sitting there impressed that I noticed the team played well. Excited that I am actually trying to have a conversation about FOOTBALL!!
Me: "I really like the bright red jerseys. They look cool with the bright white pants."
Monte: Still silent- Thinking he can't wait until Carter is old enough to watch football with him.

This reminded me of another difference I noticed a few days ago. Monte and I went into the store together. (We rarely go to the store together.) We had 3 things on our list. I follow Monte around as he finds the 3 things on the list. After he finds the 3 things, we go straight to the checkout!! This amazed me. You see when I go to the store, the list is the things I can't forget. As I am finding the things on the list, I stop by the cards because I am sure someone I know can use some cheering up. Oh cute, look at the Fall decorations... maybe we need some of those, too. Wait, my sister was telling about 100 calorie guacamole packs, I wonder if they have them here? etc.

I watched a conference given by Gary Smalley, and he described this perfectly... Women go "shopping" at the store, and men go "hunting" at the store.

Carter' First Word
When we were at Silver Dollar City, Carter said his first word!!!

I carried him for 39 long weeks (2 months of which I was on bed rest), I eat bland food so that I don't make milk that hurts his tummy, I am sitting in the bathroom at SDC feeding him, and he looks up at me with his big brown eyes, smiles at me, and says...Dada.
Oh, the heartache. Looks like Carter has already figured out who the fun one is! I supply the food, Dada supplies the fun.

Branson
We went to Branson for the weekend. We were beginning to wonder if we should have stayed home because as soon as we got to Silver Dollar City, it started pouring down rain. (The forecast said high of 75 and sunny.) We decided to wait it out. Lucky for us, it quit raining and most of the people left the park. It turned out to be a great weekend!



"I'll pay for dinner."

"It costs how much?!?!"

Carter and Dada checking their emails before we leave.


"Wait shouldn't I be in a car seat?" (Don't worry, I don't let him ride in the car without his seat.) This is the shuttle from parking to SDC.
The traditional pose in front of the SDC sign.


Carter's first amusement park ride.


"Throw your hands in the air. Wave them like you just don't care."

Of course! Monte and Lexie had to win "worthless crap".

This is the swing ride. It was so much fun. I didn't get to ride it last year because I was pregnant. Notice I am double checking to make sure I am securely fastened.
As you can see, I was securely fastened. Lexie kept slapping me because "Mom, your not supposed to hold on!!"


Lexie pulling herself and Monte to the top of the Silo.
Charlie's Angel

"Here Monte, let me show you how to cheat."
Carter wasn't sure what to think of the flooded mine.

"I like this place!"


We went swimming at the hotel when we got back from SDC.
Sunday morning, we went to the outlet mall. I found these gorgeous glasses. What do you think? I think they look better on Johnny Depp.

"Look mom, two silly monkeys."
After the mall, we went to Playtime Pizza for lunch and video games.
They also had this game at the hotel. Monte and Lexie would go shoot Bambi every night while I put Carter to bed.



This game was fun for the whole family. (Can you see the people in the background watching?) It was a virtual reality game. We laughed as Monte walked in circles while he played.

We finished off the day with Black light mini golf. Monte won, Lex came in 2nd, and I came in 3rd.


New Milestone
Carter was napping while I was typing this massive post. I went in there when he woke up, and he was sitting in his crib. He had pushed himself up from sleeping on his tummy to sitting. Yay Carter!! This is going to be a milestone month!

3 comments:

Suz said...

What a fun weekend! Very cute pics!

Reba said...

Whew! Lots of firsts!

We love going to Branson. I don't think I ever get tired of taking pictures in front of the SDC sign or on the hopping frogs (which kind of freaked Joshua out when we tried it with him). It looks like you had a fun weekend!

Oh, and the 100 calorie guacamole packs...yum. I love them. And how you shop is exactly how I shop.
Reba

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Carter and Lexie are so cute together!!! I love that picture of her kissing him, so cute!!