Monday, September 22, 2008

She's 13!!!!

On September 21, 1995, at 1:19 am, a little 5 lb. 13 oz, 18 inches long baby girl entered my life and changed it for the better. I finally understood all of those things my mom told me about worry, hope, and love for your children. I can't imagine what my life would be like without Lexie, she has brought me so much joy and happiness, and I feel truly blessed to be her mom. I can't believe she is already 13!! (Although, I swear she's been a teenager for a couple of years now.) We had so much fun celebrating her birthday. We partied all weekend.
Our big gift to Lexie this year was a trampoline. She LOVED it!! Monte worked so hard to get it put together before she got home from school. We surprised her early with it because she was having a couple of girls "sleep" over.


My parents got her the safety net to go around it, so they came up to help us surprise her. Yes, that is my mom jumping on the trampoline with Lexie. AWESOME!! My parents have so much fun with the grand kids. They aren't afraid to act silly and have fun. I hope I am like that when I am a grandparent.

Carter also loved the trampoline. He got crazy excited just watching people jump on it. Then Lexie put him up there and let him "jump". He laughed so hard!!

Lexie and her friends jump at the "sleep"over.

We took a few of her friends to Fastlane. They had a blast!!

We finished of the weekend with a party at my parents' house.


She blew out all of the candles. I hope she wished for something good!

Happy Birthday Lexie!! We love you!!!

5 comments:

Suz said...

Happy Birthday Lexie! She is sooo pretty!

Looks like she has made a lot of friends in a short time! That's great!

Reba said...

Happy birthday, Lexie! I cannot believe she is already a teenager. I still think of her as a little girl (in my mind). Looks like a special day.
Reba
PS Take a little advice, a voice of recent experience. If a hurricane storm is moving into your area, secure your trampoline tightly...otherwise it may end up in a lot of pieces in your neighbor's yard...
Reba

Mandy said...

I love the picture of your mom and Lexie jumping on the trampoline...Vicki is such a fun grandma! I also love Carter's "Dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out" shirt. Tayson has that same shirt!

Happy Birthday Lexie! I'm glad it was a great one!!

The Ennis' said...

I can NOT believe she's 13! She's just beautiful (inside and out). I can't tell you how happy I am that you are here!!! Love you guys!

Amberly said...

Shelley I got your blog from Angie's blog. I can not believe Lexie is already 13. She is so pretty! My how time flies. Just wanted to say hi. You look great and have a beautiful family. Amberly