Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Pictures (Finally!)

Trimming the Trees





Lexie's tree

Decorating the Gingerbread House




Shopping

"Let me massage your feet for you. My mom says shopping makes your feet hurt."

"I like shopping!!"


"Oh, I think I shopped too much."

Choir Concert


Lexie's chorus class here is a lot bigger than the one she was in in California. I really enjoyed the concert. The music was really fun.





Lexie helped wrap the presents.


I love this picture; it is so sweet. (Except for that stupid pacifier. Usually Carter only gets a paci at nap time and bedtime. When he was sick, we let him have it anytime to help keep him comfortable.)

Christmas with the Grandparents



"I got a hat just like daddy's!"




Lexie is showing Grandma Deanna that the inside of her new purse is purple (her favorite color).

My parents





Our "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake. Lexie and I made one every year. The last couple of years we didn't, but we decided it was time to restart the tradition.

"Oh, Rockband I love you!!"

This is the best game ever!! When we all play, whoever is singing gets to hold Carter. He has caught on to the whole singing thing, and now he sings along too. The most commonly heard phrase when we all play: "Step it up, we gotta save mom."-- I'm bad, but it's fun. The funny thing is, I usually get asked to be the singer. I am a terrible singer, but it's what I'm the best at on the game. Lexie and Monte are great singers, so you know I am bad at the drums and guitar if they are asking me to sing.

Christmas Eve
We always have a huge family Christmas Eve party at my parents' house. It is the biggest event of the year for my family.

Carter getting some love from Grandma Shirley.



"I'm tired of wearing this stupid hat. I don't care how adorable I look in it."






The highlight of the evening: The White Elephant gift exchange. Will you get a classy gift or will you get a gag gift? Will you get to keep it, probably not if it's a good gift. It is sooooo much fun!!



Lexie is sprinkling the reindeer food on the lawn. Carter fell asleep on the way home, so he didn't get to participate. Probably a good thing- he might have eaten it himself.
Our sparkling cider toast.


Lexie gets to pick one gift and open it on Christmas Eve. (I really got into the wrapping this year. This was my favorite one. She actually thought I had it wrapped.)
Christmas Morning
Santa came and he brought...
Coach boots for Lexie
and a wagon for Carter. "Yay!! I've wanted one of these since mom took me to that horrid pumpkin patch." He loves this wagon. We pull him around the house, and he starts kicking his feet if we stop. He even climbed in it and looked at us like"ready for a ride".



Notice my Wii Fit in the background. This game is great!! (but brutally honest) According to Wii Fit I'm 42!!! I guess I can't argue since on New Year's Eve I celebrated with the East Coast people and went to bed at 11:01 central time. This is the first year since I can remember that I didn't stay up until at least midnight.




Santa brought Tinkerbell a catnip toy. She rolled around with it forever. She was like a little kitten again.

He likes to play peekaboo with Tinkerbell in this house. He will play in this house forever. Great investment!!

It's official...We now have more toys than Toys R Us!

WOOHOO!!! While I was updating, Carter has been practicing walking. We are up to 4 steps in a row!! Way to go big boy.

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

WOW, what great pictures!! I need to get in the game and get mine up. I'm so excited that he's taking steps. I can't believe it! Does Lex love the boots?? Don't forget to post your updated Wii Fit Age...you lost a LOT of years over one week :)!

Reba said...

Awesome pics! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. It sounds like Carter will be off and running in no time. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! Your Christmas card was so cute!!