Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our cup (toybox) overfloweth

We had Carter's party on Sunday. It was so much fun!! Carter got some really great toys, and he loves them all. He is getting really good at playing independently and entertaining himself. He has also become a walking pro. It is still adorable; he looks like a little monkey walking around.






I just love this picture of Lydia. She has some really funny expressions.


He was sooo tired. He only got a 20 minute morning nap, and this was way past time for his afternoon nap. He was in a really good mood for the entire party. I was pleasantly surprised.





His smash cake.



The birthday cake
Lydia's cake was so delicious and beautiful, I knew that I had to have the same bakery do it. I think the girl was about to kill me when I ordered it: "I want this from this cake, and this from this one, and can you do this, too?" I am very happy with how it turned out.


I thought the lion on top was amazing and the monkey sitting on the edge was so cute. I wish I was that talented (or even half that talented).





"Mmm, that was good. I think I'll have some more."

"Yay, nobody is taking it away."





I wasn't going to let him eat the whole cake because I heard that it would make him sick. He was eating it slowly, so I decided to start cutting the big cake. I guess when he saw I was distracted he dug in. After only a couple of minutes I looked up and he had eaten this much....
Carter definitely got my sweet tooth! He loves cake. In fact, the next night I sat down with a piece of the cake. He looked up and saw me with it. His eyes lit up and he started squealing. Uh oh, it was almost time for him to go to bed, so I put the cake away. He threw the biggest heart broken fit I have ever seen. The next day I shared a piece with him, when it was all gone- same fit!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love his cake!!!!!!!!!!!

That is where are wedding cake was from. It looks like he had a good time.

the Pulleys said...

Okay...so where exactly are these cakes coming from? Geeesh! SO impressive! Looks like a fun & memorable party!

amyj said...

Awww, happy birthday Carter! And the cakes are divine!! Oh, and the beverage dispenser is just perfect. :) Hope to see you soon.

Reba said...

That cake is impressive. And your son...beautiful. It looks like a fun day!