Wednesday, January 7, 2009

He's ONE: a quick journey through his year


I can't believe my baby is already a year old! This year went by so fast. I am putting the milestones for each month under the picture. It was interesting looking back at his milestones. Some things he did really early, and others he did really late. (I am not saying that these are the best pictures to represent each month, but they are the best of the monthly cupcake/cookie pictures.)
This is a hat we got him to wear for his birthday pictures and his party. He was not interested in wearing it at all, so we have been letting him play with it for a while. He is wearing it for a few seconds now before he rips it off. Hopefully we can get some cute pictures.

January 7th-February 6th
Carter joined our family at 8:45 pm on January 7, 2008.
7 pounds 8 ounces and 21 inches long
*first real bath
*found his hands
*first real smile
*helped mom vote in the presidential primary

February 7th- March 6th

*laughs aloud
(Lexie has changed quite a bit also.)

March 7th- you get the idea :)

*rolled over from tummy to back at two month check-up
*first airplane ride
*meets the rest of the family
*turned when he heard his name

April

*Puts feet in his mouth
*Discovers his voice

May

*eats cereal
*doubles his birth weight
June

(I guess I forgot to do cupcakes this month.)
*rolls from back to tummy
*rolls over and over and over
*first Major League Baseball game-- Go Oakland!
*eats food other than cereal--loves every minute of it
*moves to Arkansas
*sits alone

July

*reaches for mommy and daddy
*claps

August

*waves bye-bye
*drinks from a straw
*says "dada"
September

*goes from tummy to sitting position
*first and second tooth
*crawls
*pulls up
*first NFL game

October

*stands up
*climbs the stairs
*helped mom vote in the presidential election
*sleeps through the night
*gets 3rd and 4th tooth
*says "mama"
November

*5th and 6th tooth
*first haircut
*rolls ball to daddy
December 7th- January 6th

*first step
*dances
*2nd haircut and 1st sucker-- yummy!!
*Monday he took 7-8 steps over and over and over. Last night he walked all over the place. Daddy told him he needed to walk before he turned one. I guess he listens to daddy. :-)


Comparison Pictures

The picture above is taken the day we took him home from the hospital. The legs on his outfit were way to long and he pulled his legs up, so in this picture his legs actually end where the buckle comes out of the car seat.
I put his big boy car seat in the car yesterday, but I'm not retiring this one just yet. Since he is a little guy, he will still fit in it for a while. So, I plan on using this seat if I think he will fall asleep, and I can just carry him in the house without having to wake him up. He really liked his new car seat when it was sitting in the house, but not so much when I actually buckled him in it. (He's male-- doesn't like being tied down.)
We go to the doctor tomorrow, and I will post his stats asap.
Happy Birthday!!! We love you very much.

4 comments:

The Ennis' said...

What GREAT pics and milestones!!! I suddenly feel like I don't have a clue when Lyddie did anything! You did a good job!! Love you Little Man!! I really hope that I get to see you today in your special shirt :)!!

jacob and courtney said...

Happy Birthday Carter!!

Suz said...

Oh my goodness, I went to your post when he was born! Oh he is such a beautiful baby and now little boy! Happy birthday Carter!!!

Amberly said...

Happy Birthday Carter!