Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Girls Day Out

Lexie and I ended up having an unplanned girls' day on Sunday. We had so much fun and laughed so hard that I have permanent laugh lines now. It was so much fun to spend time with just her.
Every other Sunday, Lexie goes to church with her Aunt Angie (dad's sister). When she is there she helps with children's church by using a puppet. Her church had a special service on Sunday, so they needed Lexie to do her puppet. I have heard a lot about her act, but I had never seen it in person. I got to go and watch her perform. (Carter was not feeling well, so Monte stayed home with him.) All I can say is , "WOW!" Lexie is a very creative and talented girl. I thought she would do a good job, but I had no idea how good she actually is. I told her I think she's ready for Sesame Street :-)
I videoed it so Monte could see it, and hopefully I can upload it on here soon. Lexie is going to be in a talent competition through the church in Russelville in March. I can't wait!!


This is Starburst. She is a very hyper little thing. It is adorable when Lexie makes Starburst's head shake because those fuzzy little pigtails fly around.

Lexie and Starburst
After church, we went home to check on Carter and then Lexie and I went to the movies. Lexie has been begging me to hurry and finish Twilight so we could go see it. (She already saw it opening weekend, but she wanted to see it with me.) Let me back up a little bit... I got the book Twilight around Christmas. Lexie saw the movie and said it was good and she wanted the second book. I told her she should read the book because the book is always better than the movie. She was not a fan of that idea. A few weeks ago I asked her some questions about Twilight and she had no idea what I was talking about. (The movie leaves out A LOT!) The questions I asked got her interested in the book, so she decided to go ahead and read it. After she finished the book, she said, "Well, I liked the movie until I read the book." (She finished the entire series in 3 weeks!! For those of you that don't know, there are 4 really big books.) Well, I finished Twilight right before I saw the movie, so all the details were still fresh in my mind. (Literally right before, Lexie read the epilogue to me on the way to the theater.)
We had so much fun at the movie. We were the people that I hate in the theater. We could not stop laughing. No it's not supposed to be a funny movie, but the facial expressions they had Edward and Jasper making were completely ridiculous. We still imitate them, and it makes us laugh just as hard.
My opinion of the movie: a disappointment. I LOVED the book. I am not into vampires and werewolves or anything dark, but this book was great! It was basically a love story between a human and a vampire. Forbidden love! I liked the movie okay, but I don't think the director did a very good job. (Again, what was she thinking with the stupid expressions?) So much of the emotion and details were left out. I am hoping New Moon will be better since they are using a different director. But I can't criticize the movie too much because it did turn out to be very big bonding experience for Lexie and I.

1 comment:

Reba said...

It sounds like a fun day! I always enjoy those "bonding times". And especially the kind where you keep laughing and laughing. Oh, and I always like the books I read more than the movie (Gone With the Wind, Outsiders) I loved the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books and really want to see the movies but am just not sure I will like them...