Saturday, February 28, 2009

THERE SHE IS, MISS AMERICA

Well not exactly Miss America, but I was just as proud as I would be if it had been. (I could not make that sentence sound right, but hopefully you get the idea.)





Lexie was in her first pageant as a non-toddler, and she won!! She has mentioned a few times over the past two years that she wants to do pageants, and I said "we'll see". The past couple of months she has really talked about pageants, so we decided to go for it. I found a pageant in Siloam Springs that she could fit into her busy schedule. Lexie is fortunate enough to have an aunt that is a former Miss Arkansas, so Lexie went over and had Melonie show her how to walk. Lexie had so much fun practicing her walk, and her confidence really showed when she was on stage.



I asked her if we could make signs and put a picture of her face on popsicle sticks, but she said 'no'. There was a huge cheering section for her though. We took up a whole row. (20 people) Lexie has a lot of fans.

I would have been proud of Lexie even if she hadn't won because getting up on stage in front of a bunch of people is very hard. Lex really had fun, so I am sure we'll be doing this again.


WAY TO GO LEXIE!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!






















Lexie and Brooklyn (her little sister)
Brooklyn was also in the pageant.



Cadence and Lexie strike a pose.



Beautiful sisters
Lexie won the 13-15 age category, and Brooklyn won the 0-11 months category.
(Lex looks so happy!!)




Lexie and her Poppy




Lexie and my parents
(Monte's parents were also there, but Monte took them home before I could get a picture.)




Melonie, Cadence, and Lexie



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Was that at the mall? We were at the mall and saw everything set up and wondering what on earth was going one. congrats lexie! =)

Suz said...

Wow!!! She looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm telling ya.. When it comes to dating, you're going to have to lock her up! That dress looks amazing on her! Congrats Lexie, way to go!

Rhonda said...

Way to go Lexie! What a gorgeous young lady--inside and out. Congratulations! I know you are all proud of her, as well you should be. Gorgeous smile.

Reba said...

She looks so pretty! And it looks like she had fun too. Congrats!
Reba
PS I didn't realize you were headed to DW. How fun!

Amber said...

That is so great! She looks so pretty. Love the yellow dress...

Amber said...

Wish you could have made the shower too! I got the cupcakes at Rick's bakery...along with the cake!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Are you guys thinking of moving?

the Pulleys said...

WOW...how fun & exciting! She looks just beautiful in these pics & I also can't believe how much hair Carter has now!

Amberly said...

Way to go Lexie! Shelley she is gorgeous! I know you are proud.