Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just Dance

The junior high and high school football teams had scrimmages tonight, and Lexie had her first dance team performance. This was the first year the junior high dance teams were asked to participate, so they were excited. Lexie's dance coach works them hard! They have literally spent a 3 hour practice perfecting two 8 counts, and it showed tonight. The girls were awesome!!


The few seconds right before the music comes on. I know it felt like their hearts were about to beat out of their chests. This is the point I always felt like I was going to throw up. (Luckily I never did.) The routine they did was really fun to watch. The music was 'Sweet Child Of Mine', 'I Can't Get Enough Of You Baby' (didn't know that song, but it has been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now), 'Dude Looks Like A Lady', 'Walk This Way', and 'Paradise City'. Awesome songs from my day!







Lexie is on the far right.


The dance team also stands next to the cheerleaders on the sidelines. Lexie is second from the right on the front row.


Some of Lexie's fans





Poppy and Granny with Lexie



Way to go Lexie!! We are so proud of you!!!

3 comments:

Reba said...

Love the pics! Looks like a wonderful time! I know you must be so proud...

The Ennis' said...

Yay Lex!! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see you perform. Love you guys!

Suz said...

How exciting, I just love football time! Lexie looks great! I am sooo glad you came to lunch today! It was so great seeing you!