Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Disney- Animal Kingdom

I am having to post about our trip in sections. If I waited until I have time to post about the whole thing, then you wouldn't see pictures until next Spring Break! We had a great trip! We were not ready to come home, especially since it was snowing here.


The day we got to Orlando we just hung around the hotel. Lexie and Carter were both on their second day of an antibiotic, so it was good to relax and let the meds work a little more before we hit the parks.


Taking a baby/toddler to Disney World was a lot easier and more fun than I thought it would be. Several people have asked me for some tips, so I kept an ongoing list while I was there and I will have a tips post as soon as I finish posting about the parks. (I got tips from other people too before we went.)


We stayed at Disney's Boardwalk Villas. It was beautiful!! (Thanks Monte!) The location was great because we could walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The buses for the other parks ran every 20 minutes, so we never had to wait very long.






Lexie and Monte winning worthless junk. (Although they didn't actually win anything this time.)



Carter watching Monte and Lexie. Probably wondering why he gets in trouble for throwing things.


ANIMAL KINGDOM
The first day at the parks we went to Animal Kingdom.


Waiting for the bus at the hotel.



Carter fell asleep on the way to the park. (This happened most days.)

We had lunch at The Rainforest Cafe.

Lexie took Carter around to look at all the cool stuff in the restaurant. He loved it!! She was a HUGE help on the trip. It was great because she loved watching him have fun too, so she didn't get jealous when we did stuff he liked. She also took him around to look at things while we waited in line.



"Oh, no! Mom is driving!"

Lexie next to a "dinosaur".



At the parade
We didn't actually stop and watch it. We watched it as we walked past. It was going one way and we were going the other. We got to see most of it. It was kind of like watching it in fast forward.


Waiting in line for Lion King
Lexie kept sticking the sticker on Carter, and he would pull it off and hand it back to her. Finally he handed it to a little girl in line, and he clapped when she took it away.

Carter danced through the entire Lion King show. We all had to take turns holding on to him. The show was awesome! Lexie and I saw it when she was 6, and it was even better than we remembered. It's a must see if you go.

The Safari
Our driver was a maniac!

Carter was making noises with his hand.












Carter LOVED the characters! (Especially Sleeping Beauty- more about that later.) I wasn't sure how he would feel about them. I actually expected him to be scared of them. Lexie liked them too, but that's a secret. She would use Carter as an excuse to go see the characters.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! And yummy Rainforest Cafe!

The Ennis' said...

How FUN!! I can't wait to see more pictures. I can just see the picture of you and Lex in the car as us when we were little (or beating each other up in a fake jail :)!). Oh memories...hand/foot shakes thru the desert, me learning your drill team routines in tiny little cabins in the middle of nowhere, family fights where we all bail out of the car in the middle of "bear country"...what I wouldn't give to do it again...maybe :)! We need a vacation together! I MISS YOU!

Reba said...

I love the pictures! Keep them coming. Everyone looked like they had a fun time. I cannot get over how much alike you and Lexie look. You are staying young and she is growing up. :) I also am looking forward to your tips post...I am hoping for a Disney trip sometime in the next year or so!

Christine said...

Love the photos! Post more! I am so jealous that you all got to wear SHORTS though!

Suz said...

What a fun trip! This post makes me look forward to family vacations at Disney world! It also makes me want to have a kid later on that is much younger than Kyah! Lexie and Carter have such a fun relationship! What a great big sis!