Tuesday, March 10, 2009

DOUBLE WHAMMY

Carter acted like he was getting a cold over the weekend. Slight fever, runny nose, and CRANKY. I figured it was either his teeth or a virus. (We usually get the "it's a virus" diagnosis.) He started digging in one of his ears, so I took him to the doctor. The poor little guy has an ear infection in BOTH ears!! Luckily the doctor said it was just starting, so we caught it very early. This is actually his third ear infection since November. Lexie never had ear infections, so to me this seems like a lot. I looked online to try to find out what the "normal" amount is, and I couldn't find it. All of the websites listed increased risk factors: second hand smoke, daycare, bottle instead of breastfeeding, and food allergies--none of those apply to Carter. The silver lining in this cloud is that Carter is extra cuddly right now.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh, poor Carter! Kaid has had one ear infection, thank goodness b/c they are horrible...nothing you can do but wait them out.

Ryan had them all the time when he was a baby and finally had to get tubes put in. So not sure on the norm, I know that some kids get them and some don't...