Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE

Today? Definitely not! But three years ago today was pure bliss. Lexie and I flew out to California to see Monte, and we showed Lexie around San Francisco. We had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants on Pier 39. Then Monte took us to Stinson Beach to play around. Right before we left, Monte dropped to one knee. I thought, "Oh my gosh, he's going to ask, he's going to ask." Then I thought, "Don't get too excited maybe he dropped something." Well he did not drop anything, but he did pull the most beautiful ring out of his pocket. My feet did not hit the ground for a very long time.

Monte has blessed my life in so many ways. He is a wonderful husband and a terrific dad. He makes us feel safe and secure. Every vacation we have ever taken has been amazing because he researches and researches to make sure he makes it the best vacation possible. He knows how to be silly and serious. I have never doubted his love for me or worried about infidelity. I completely trust him no matter where he is. I am an emotional person (I am female after all), and handles my emotions so well.

Monte is also a very brave man. When he asked me to marry him, he was a 31 year old male that had never been married and had no sisters. Not only was he willing to bring me in to his life, but also a tween girl. Can you imagine the adjustment of going from single male to step dad of a tween? No warm up period, just all in all at once. He welcomed Lexie and loved Lexie at the beginning of the most difficult period of a girl's life. (I know I typed "loved", but he still loves her.)

I love Monte so much. It seems like we get so busy that I don't get to show him how much I love and appreciate him. We take a few date nights, but not as many as we should. (Carter has never spent the night with anyone. We are in need of a romantic getaway.)

I LOVE YOU MONTE!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

Mrs. Hughes said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am so happy for you! This is the great life you deserve! :)