Saturday, April 4, 2009

Disney- Epcot

Warning: A LOT of photos ahead!

We spent 1 1/2 days in Epcot. My favorite pictures from Epcot are on our Photopass disc (more on that in the tips section), and we don't have it yet.



We really enjoyed the countries in Epcot. I will admit I thought this was boring when I was a kid, but they have added some things to make it more interesting.




Mexico









Here we are on the boat ride in Mexico. We were on the front row.

The rest of the boat. Notice, there are no other people in the boat. (I am proud of this. I used my mad Spanish skills.) When we were getting in line to ride, the guy directing line traffic said something to us. Probably 'hi'. I said something back in Spanish, and then we talked a little in Spanish. He asked Monte what Carter's name was. Monte told him 'Carlitos" because that's what the nanny in Cali called him. The guy then filled out a VIP certificate for Carlitos, and we got to go to the front of the line and have our own boat like VIPs. (If only that would have worked on the Rockin' Roller Coaster!)




The boat rides always made Carter sleepy.


Canada- or Canadia as Lexie calls it




Japan




Carter using his chopsticks on his muffin.


"Here mom, try this muffin."



Monte showing Carter the fish pond outside the sushi restaurant. Hmmm...they did say 'fresh fish'.


At least Lexie wasn't crying. Carter didn't want to be picked up. He was having a blast running around and looking at the fish (and smiling at the people).















Lexie pin trading in Sweden.(I think.) She really liked the pin trading thing. I thought she would be too old, but there were people of all ages pin trading.

Lexie's pin says 'first visit.' It wasn't her first visit; she wore it to get special attention. It worked!

The Flower and Garden Show was going on while we were there. It was beautiful. I was amazed at some of the things they created out of flowers. Lexie took a ton of pictures of flowers!



In Epcot they have a Kim Possible mission game. They give you a cell phone and send you clues. Here Lexie is getting her first assignment. It sends us to China to find a jade monkey that has been stolen.



Getting clues



A clue inside a fortune cookie. How lucky were we! This was actually really fun. I felt like we were on The Amazing Race. We had to go to a cashier in one of the shops and say a certain phrase to her. When we did she handed us this cookie.



The jade monkey was not really stolen at all. It was hidden in a safe spot.




Our next mission took us to France.










Beauty and the Beast


Rock Band- African style


Mickey Mouse--in person!!!

I have a Disney Visa, so we got a private meeting with the characters. We got to go in this room by ourselves for a few minutes. It was great because Mickey and Minnie both got on the ground and played with Carter, and Goofy harassed Lexie. This is where I wish I had the Photopass pictures. There is one of Carter the second he saw Mickey, and it is priceless. I thought he would be scared, but he loved the characters.











In the same building that had the characters, they had a lot of technology things. They had a Segway demonstration and you could drive one. We didn't, but it did lead to one of the funniest moments on the trip. The second time we were in Epcot, Lexie and I did a few things while Monte took Carter to a cool place to nap. While we were gone Monte got in line for our private time with the characters. He sends us a text telling us to hurry because he is close to the front of the line. When we walked in the building, we got behind a group of people walking SO SLOW and side by side so they took up the whole walkway. (I discovered on this trip that that is one of my biggest pet peeves.) I see a small opening, so I hop through the wall of people and Lexie follows. They say, "Wow, are you really in that much of a hurry to ride a Segway?" By this point I'm speed walking through the building. I turn around and say, (keep in mind comebacks have never been my strong point) "No! We are next in line to see Mickey Mouse!" I think Lexie died of embarrassment right there on the spot. Realizing I just sounded like a complete moron, I add, "And you're taking up the whole lane!" Lexie is in charge of the comebacks from now on.

Here Lexie is making a video game. They recorded her making several movements, and then we got to go to a computer and play a game with her has the hero.



We saw this "comedy" show. Don't bother. It was not funny.


We loved this place! You could taste different coke products from around the world. My favorite was the coke icee from the U.S.


I love this picture. We were in line for Spaceship Earth. (Inside the Epcot silver ball.)




"Hey! Whatcha doin' up there?"




"Look over there, sis."




I think Santa will have to bring Carter one of these. He loved it! He actually tried to steal the train. (I know he has no idea what he was doing.) He was playing with it, looked up at me, waved and said 'bye-bye', and then he took off running out the door. Don't worry, we stopped him and returned the stolen merchandise.



This actually was a very funny street show in England. They pulled a guy off the street to be part of the show, and he was hilarious!




Lexie and Monte enjoying their fish and chips. (A very popular meal for our family while we were there.)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Great photos! You guys seemed like you had so much fun. I didn't know Epcot had so much fun stuff now! I remember it being pretty blah, but the last time I went there was in the early 90s, I think.

And I did not know that a Disney Visa gives you special perks! I MUST APPLY FOR ONE!

Reba said...

What a fun time! I have always loved the countries. And that Kim Possible game looks like so much fun! I would like to hear more about the pin trading thing...I could see Lauren getting into that. Most of all, I love the pictures. Looks like a great family time together. Hard for me to not hop on a plane and go. :)

Reba

The Ennis' said...

How fun!! This makes me really want to go back! The game with the cell phone sounds really cool. The comeback cracked me up! I love how you added the last little bit about them taking up the whole lane. I probably would have WET my pants right there :)!!!