Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend (finally!)

Saturday we dyed eggs. This was Carter's first time to participate, and he enjoyed it. Unfortunately he wasn't very good at dropping the egg gently into the color. He either tossed the egg into the cup (Hey, it does look like a ball) or stuck his entire hand in the cup. Which reminded me of Easters growing up. We would always have on our pretty new Easter dresses, and our hands would be dyed like a rainbow. Fortunately the dye now comes off much easier than when I was a kid.

Lexie picked out the tie dye egg kit for her eggs. She is much more creative with her eggs than I was. She takes the time to actually draw pictures and things on her eggs.





"This is fun!!"


"Look, I'm turning into a Smurf."





Unfortunately the weather on Easter was bad, so we didn't get to hunt Easter eggs. We plan on making it up at our next family function. Even though we didn't get to hunt eggs, we still had a nice Easter. We went to my brother's church instead of our own because both my sister-in-laws got baptized. Then we went to my parents' house for lunch. Then we ended the afternoon at Monte's parents' house. It really was a relaxing, yet fun, day.
"What is in my bed?!"



"OOH! A microphone!"



Checking out the goods. She had been fasting from meat and junk food, so she dove right into the candy.


Carter LOVED wearing the bunny ears! I wasn't expecting him to keep them on because he will not wear a hat or sunglasses.
After last year's traumatic events, Lexie was not going to wear the ears.



Granny, Poppy, and all the grand kids



Carter and Lydia shoving in the M&Ms before someone takes away the candy.



Colin taught Carter how to make the coffee table a race track for cars. They made many laps around the table.



Carter watching the big kids play Ping Pong: wishing he was big enough to join them.



Uncle Dan shared his Key Lime Pie with Carter, and Carter loved it!


Carter and Lydia are finally at the stage where they play together instead of side by side.


Lexie is relaxing at Grandma and Grandpa Moore's.


Carter liked to put the little eggs inside the bigger eggs.




We hope you all had a happy Easter, too!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Love all the pics! (I still cannot tell any teeth are missing...I just love those cheeks) I think my son is turning into a smurf too. Or maybe it was the bathtub tints we used tonight. Anyway, I had forgotten about the bunny ear trauma last year...too funny. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter!

Amber said...

I love the picture of Carter with the bunny ears! So cute.

My faviorte part of Easter is dying the eggs (then eating them) :)

Thanks so much for the gift for Trigg! I absoultely love the lion blanket and stuffed toy!