Saturday, April 4, 2009

We survived!!

Last night was the first night in 1 year 2 months 3 weeks and 6 days that Carter and I spent away from each other. (But who's counting?) I am happy to report we both survived. I knew he would be fine, but it was still hard to leave him. My parents kept him, and the kids always have a blast over there. They went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, and my dad let Carter walk around the store. (Obviously with both my parents next to him.) My dad said he has never had so many responses from people in Wal-Mart. Carter waved and flashed his cheesy smile at everyone. They also played very hard at home, and Carter ran laps around my parents house. Lucky for them, he got up bright and early at 6 am. Needless to say I am glad he was at their house when he decided to be an early bird. He usually gets up between 8 and 8:30, but I guess he just couldn't wait to have more fun with Granny and Poppy.

Monte and I also had a nice date night. We went to Crabby's for dinner, and then came home to watch Quantum of Solace. (I told Monte that we would watch whatever he wanted since it was his birthday.)

I was a little sad when we went to bed and I didn't have to turn the monitor on. I also woke up a lot because I kept having dreams that I lost Carter or I left him somewhere. When I went to pick Carter up today he was very happy and having fun watching my dad play Ping Pong with Monte. Monte was already there because we were having a party to celebrate his and Lynn's birthday. (Monte worked for a little while this morning, and I had errands to run so we met there.)

The party was fun! I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures. Lynn taught Carter how to play Ping Pong (without paddles), and he loved it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am curious how you spent the night away from him when he was in your womb? You could patent it and make a lot of money! "A nighttime break for the sore and sleepless mama-to-be"