Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

My mom, sister, and I had a girls' day, and Carter and Lydia got to meet the Easter Bunny.

My goodness! They could be twins ;-)
Just kidding.


Carter liked the Easter Bunny especially since he got a free cookie from The Cookie Company. He was so happy to get the cookie! Today was the first day he could have real food again. (He's been eating pudding, milkshakes, and creamy soups.) He ate a whole baggie of crackers this morning, and he hummed the whole time. It was like he hadn't eaten in years. He is doing great now. I think the swelling is pretty much gone. From the outside you can't tell anything happened. Unless he smiles really big, you don't even notice he's missing teeth. We are also pacifier free now! Bedtime has been tough, but last night and tonight he did okay.


He has started doing funny things with his space. He will stick his tongue through the gap and blow raspberries. (This is particularly fun when he has a mouth full of pudding.) He also sticks his tongue out and says, " th, th, th, th..." I guess it feels funny because he gives me a big smile when I look at him. And I must say, it is a very cute smile!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Oh I must say how handsome the little guy looks in his adorable Easter outfit! LOVE the socks! You on for Bunco???

Reba said...

How very sweet! I love the pictures. What a happy little guy! And I would imagine his smile is just beautiful. Plus, he is learning all kinds of new tricks with that space there. Happy Easter!