Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Day at the Beach

It has been a HOT week here. The temperature has got up to around 100 degrees every day. (Keep in mind we don't have humidity, so it is not as bad as it sounds. But, it was still very hot.) On Saturday, we decided to cool off at the beach. We went to Santa Cruz to the Beach Boardwalk. We had so much fun!! It was Carter's first trip to the ocean. Unfortunately the water on the west coast is not warm, so he did not like the water too much. He preferred to sit on the beach with mom. Lexie and Monte didn't mind the cold water, they got in and played. Lexie was really tough. She stayed in for a long time. After we played on the beach, we got dressed and went up to the boardwalk to ride rides. It was a wonderful way to spend the day!!




Carter's swimming attire.




Carter liked to watch the water moving on the sand.


He didn't like the cold water on his body at all!! He prefers to splash in a warm bath.


Lexie and Monte: the brave ones!




"I prefer to sit on the beach and suck my thumb."








Lexie and Monte rode the log ride. I got splashed with the water, and it was COLD. (I am a sissy.)




My first ride in over a year. WOOHOO!! Lexie and I had a blast on this. She was trying really hard not to slide over to me, but the force was too great. We laughed so much my cheeks hurt when we got off the ride.


"I love you daddy. Thanks for taking me to the beach!"
I know, I know. Carter is using a pink fairy beach towel. But hey, it is the Bay Area. It's okay here.

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

How FUN!!!I didn't realize it'd been that hot there. Keep packing, it's going to be near 80 today and getting warmer (we do have this humidity issue though...).
Love you!!

Mandy said...

What a fun day!!! I love going to the beach, it just doesn't happen often enough!

Suz said...

So fun! I bet you guys are going to miss being so close to the beach! My sister is moving to LA in August, so I'm going to have a great reason to start visiting California more often!!!! IT's beautiful there!!