Monday, May 12, 2008

Greek Day

To celebrate the end of learning about the ancient Greeks, Lexie's class had "Greek Day". No, they didn't wear togas, but I am sure some people wanted to. I volunteered to help, and I had so much fun! I helped with the Olympics. I measured (not precisely) the distance the kids threw the shot put. I didn't take my real camera because I didn't want to embarrass Lex, so I used my phone. The pictures I took are not great because of the distance, but hopefully you can get some kind of idea of what was going on. The event took place in the courtyard at her school. Her school has a beautiful campus. I will definitely miss the way the schools are set up when we move. I love the open campuses.
Lexie throwing the shot put (a wadded up piece of paper with tape around it).
Try #2 on the shot put.
Waiting for them to measure how far she threw the discus (a flour tortilla). She threw it 57 feet!!! A future Olympian?