Tuesday, October 7, 2008

9 Months Old!!

Carter is 9 months old today. I can't believe we are so close to a year. It makes me kind of sad, but I am enjoying how fun Carter is becoming. He really has developed quite a personality. His check up is next week, and I will share his stats then.


WHAT CARTER IS DOING NOW:
-Carter "talks" all of the time. He has just started this constant babbling the last couple of days. Once, he was looking at me and babbling like crazy, then he started laughing. I guess he was either telling me a funny story or a joke.

- Carter has been waving for a while. Every time he would wave we would clap for him and say "yay." Now when Carter waves, he waves and then claps.


-He goes all over the place now: he crawls, he pulls up, he cruises. Nothing (especially the cat) is safe. If he is in the living room and I am in the kitchen, he will crawl into the kitchen and climb up my leg. It has somewhat alleviated the separation anxiety though.


-Speaking of pulling up. He has also learned how to pull up in his crib, so Monte has to lower the mattress again.

"Mom, it's time to lower the mattress."


Here he was very happy about learning to pull up in the crib. He gets excited about everything new.


Carter is chasing the cat. Fortunately for her, she is much faster than Carter.


"Peekaboo"- Carter was following me. We were doing laps around the couch.


Unfortunately Carter celebrated his 9 month birthday with a cold, so he wasn't his usual smiley self.


I just gave him a small piece of cookie, he didn't eat a whole one.


He did smile for Lexie!






3 comments:

Amberly said...

He is so cute Shelley. It is so sad how fast they grow.

Mandy said...

I can't get over how much he looks like you! He is so cute and I can't believe he is 9 months already. Time goes TOO fast!!

Reba said...

I love the pictures of both kids. I bet Carter tells very funny stories. I know that with Joshua the crawling did cut down on the separation anxiety a WHOLE lot. However, it also made life busier. Now that he is running and climbing...I miss those crawling days. :) Isn't it amazing how quickly it goes?