Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No Soup For You!!


There is a joke in my family that I am not allowed to use sharp objects. I am very accident prone. (I spent the day in the ER one time because I was making slice and bake cookies, and sliced my finger.)
Well yesterday started off okay. Monte was packing for a trip, Carter was taking a nap, and I had just taken a shower and was going to have some soup before Carter woke up. When I was opening the can, the lid got stuck ... so I pulled really hard. I am not exactly sure how it happened, but the lid managed to swing around and slice my finger. Carter's asleep, Lexie is at school, I am in a bath robe, and Monte needs to leave for the airport. Why do things always happen at the worst possible time? We ended up checking Lexie out of school, and Monte took us to my parents. Lexie and my dad spent the afternoon at Locomotion. My mom took me to the doctor where I got 5 stitches and a Tetanus shot. (It was the most expensive can of soup I never ate.)
This is one of the reasons we moved back to Arkansas. When Monte takes a trip, I get hurt. (Remember the car accident.) It is so much easier with family close. We are so thankful to be blessed with wonderful families.
PS-- As I was sitting in the chair watching them stitch up my finger I was thinking, "I wish I had brought my camera. These would be great pics for the blog."

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What an eventful morning! Makes for such a funny story though!

Reba said...

I smiled when I saw the title. I have seen every Seinfeld episode more than once I think (more my husband's doing than mine :) and we say that a lot around our house. Anyway, what a morning you had! Who knew a soup can could be so very dangerous???
Reba

Suz said...

Bless your heart!! Blog moments occur of course when we don't have our camera!

Christine said...

I am so glad you did not try to be a neurosurgeon! :) Hope your finger heals quickly!

amyj said...

So you never got to eat the soup??...

Nicole said...

Oh my!!

I always tell J I wish I had my camera, this is a blog moment..

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your finger! Matt told me about it and I was thinking, "Can't she catch a break?"