Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm Giving In!

Monte and I have discussed (a lot) Carter getting his hair cut. Monte wants in done yesterday, and I wanted to wait until after his first birthday. I just think little boys look like big boys after they get their hair cut, and I want Carter to stay my baby forever. I love the way the hair sticks out over his ears when it's not tucked behind his ears, but Monte does not. (I think he looks like a cool surfer/skater dude.) Well today when he was eating lunch, I looked at him and I all I could think was, "He looks like Joe Dirt." You see, Carter has a mullet. Also, his bangs are in his eyes when I don't push them to the side. So, I am giving in. I will allow a small trim.
For his first cut I want to take him to one of those really cool kids places where the kids sit on horses or in race cars, but I can't find one around here. If any of you know of one, please let me know. I am willing to travel to Tulsa, Kansas City, etc. (Not just for the cut, we can make a weekend getaway out of it.)
Also, where do you get your kids' hair cut around here? I am pretty sure Carter is not going to sit still, so I need somebody that can cut a very active little boy's hair.

4 comments:

Suz said...

How cute.. Your little Joe Dirt!

My sister has a shop in Farmington and she has a little airplane for kids. It's precious.. She actually was just in the paper for it and doing kids cuts... It's about a 35 min drive from Bentonville...

Reba said...

I cannot wait to see pictures of his haircut. I had to smile though...the first thing we did (like the day after) after bringing Joshua home was get a hair cut for him. His hair was really long. He has to have one once a month. But you are right, it does make them look older!

amyj said...

I just let the girls cut their own hair...
And I'll add that a baby mullet is the cruelest of all mullets. :)
Carter is a cutie, baby mullet or not!!

Amberly said...

Shelley I dont know if you guys are into fishing but bass pro shop will cut his hair and make a fishing lure out of it.