Sunday, November 9, 2008

One Year Ago

One year ago today was when I had my car accident. (My very minor car accident that turned into a big deal.- click here for a link to the post about it) It was one of the scariest times in my life. Thanks to an ignorant teenage driver, my precious baby almost came 2 months early. I am so thankful that I ended up carrying him to full term. I have read several blogs lately about babies that didn't make it, and I feel so blessed that Carter was a healthy baby. Carter has brought so much joy and happiness to our family, and I can't imagine not having him. His laugh, smile, and growl make us laugh. It is impossible to not smile when you are around him. I thank God every day for giving him to us.

My how he's changed in 10 months!

3 comments:

The Ennis' said...

Wow, I can't believe that was a year ago. It was so scary when you guys (and everybody here!) were going thru all of that. He's such a sweetheart! Remember Carter, your aunt rocks (and I've got the shirt to prove it!) Love you Buddy!

Reba said...

What a wonderful blessing! I don't know why things work out the way they do (I just remember Proverbs 3:5...Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on YOUR own understanding." I don't understand why some have to lose their precious babies. However, it is always a blessing to read a story like this. Either way, God is faithful!

Amberly said...

God is good. I also went into preterm labor at 32 weeks and thankfully the doctors were able to stop it. We are both very lucky and God has blessed us with beautiful healthy babies.