Monday, November 17, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We went to Silver Dollar City over the weekend. I love going there at Christmas time because I love the lights. I wish I had enough time and energy to put lights like that on my house. When we got to Branson on Saturday, we decided it was way too cold to go to SDC. We just hung out and tried to find things to do to keep us entertained. (That is not normally a problem, but traveling with a baby made it quite difficult.)


The weather was much better on Sunday. We had a really good time. Carter liked all of the lights, and Lexie liked the short lines for the roller coasters. Carter fell asleep right before the light parade, so he will have to catch it next time. I can't wait to watch him watch the lights. The season is so much more magical with a little one around. Every thing is new and exciting. I remember watching Lexie's face light up at Christmas when she saw the lights on the tree and it was okay to rip paper. I can't wait to experience it all again.



Lexie is smiling in this picture, but she was thinking, "Mom put down the camera and help us think of something to do."






Carter was playing in the suitcase. Out of all of the things in the suitcase, he pulled out his two swim trunks. He carried them all over the hotel. I think he was trying to give us a hint of something we could do.






The Petting Zoo consisted of two goats :-(



Carter liked the Saloon Show. (He LOVES pretty girls!) This was my first year to see the Christmas Saloon Show. Something always happens and I miss it. One year Lexie and I stood in line forever to see it. Then when we finally got in and sat down, she leaned over and said, "Mom. I have to go to the bathroom." We had to leave the show before it even started. Fun times!! (I am sure she doesn't mind me posting that story. She tells it every year at Christmas when we pass the Saloon.)



Carter's first time to see Santa.


The good big sister is helping Carter put is letter to Santa in the mailbox.






I plan on keeping her locked up until she's 35.






I love the lights!!

6 comments:

Suz said...

Haha.. That's a good idea about keepin Ms Lexie locked up till she's 35! She's beautiful! And looks like such a great big sis! Carter looks in awe of Santa! Very cute pics!! :)

The Ennis' said...

That looks like SO much fun. I hope that we get to go this year! Is that the same jail that you and I had our pic taken in (remember the little slap fight ;) )? I love his haircut!

jacob and courtney said...

That makes me want to take the kids. I'm glad you all had a good trip.

Reba said...

Oh, I am envious. That is one of my favorite traditions. I love all of the lights too. (We usually do both Branson and the Fayetteville square.) I am already trying to figure out when we can go to Branson. It is hard to find a free weekend! Anyway, looks like you had a fun time! For some reason, I am dreading the whole Christmas tree thing with Joshua. For some reason I think we may have to lock HIM up until he is 35. :)
Reba

amyj said...

Carter liked the saloon show. Hilarious.

Amberly said...

A lady name Tracy Pierce does Emma's monthy photos. The picture with Kenley and Emma were done by The Beaty's. They live in Ft.Smith and came up to do them. If you go to the Bostians on my blog you will see Beaty photography. If you want Tracy's number let me know and I will email it to you or have Angie forward it to you.

By the way I love the pictures of Carter getting his hair cute. He is too cute!